FBI Special Agent: Linguist
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Location: San Juan
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Use your linguistics and language background to become an FBI
Special Agent!FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise
and unique skill sets to their work and role every day. Special
Agents come from many have foreign language/linguistics backgrounds
and use them to interview victims, translate during a suspect
interrogation or testify in court. Language skills and cultural
knowledge, specifically in Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Farsi,
Russian, Somali, Uzbek, Korean or another language are highly
sought after by the FBI.You can expect continued specialized
training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the
Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our
investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could
work on in the private sector. SALARY LEVEL Pay level for this
- $78,000.00 - $153,000.00Salary is commensurate to experience
and location. DUTIESCandidates must:
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.In addition, all Special
Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent
Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging
process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The
selection process typically takes one year or more to complete. KEY
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
driving experience. EDUCATION
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably
in linguistics or language) from a U.S.-accredited college or
university. All degrees must be from an accredited college or
university and must be verified by submitting college
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), McAllen , FBI Special Agent: Linguist, Sales , San Juan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!