Counter Sales Associate
Company: Baker Distributing Company
Posted on: September 14, 2022
517 East Cedar Bldg. A, McAllen, Texas 78501
Baker Distributing Company is one of the largest distributors of
HVAC, refrigeration and food service equipment that has been in
business for nearly 75 years; we are disruptors! We are disrupting
the distribution industry every single day as we transform our
company into a world-class supply chain. Our 1,400 employees and
200+ locations serve 50,000 active customers. Our corporate
headquarters is in Jacksonville, Fla., Baker Distributing Company
is a subsidiary of Watsco (NYSE: WSO).
At Baker, we are utilizing emerging technologies and innovations to
diversify our portfolio and our service offerings to deliver a
best-in-class customer experience.
People are the core of our business -- those who work for us (our
employees), those who work with us (our suppliers and vendors) and
those we work for (our customers). While some of our employees are
the most experienced in the industry, we are always seeking new
talent with fresh ideas. If you have a keen sense of respect -- for
yourself and others; an unfaltering devotion to integrity; the
drive to provide consistency; the tenacity to strive for
excellence; and embody the spirit of teamwork, we would love to
talk with you.
The Counter Sales Associate is responsible for our sales counter at
one of our wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple
brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this
role is to provide strong customer service in a sales-oriented
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited
* Represent Baker Distributing Company as a leader in the industry
ensuring maximum sales.
* Interact with internal and outside sales people, vendors and
* Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking
* Assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers
and end users.
* Complete sales order process for customers with efforts to
up-sell associated items.
* Service walk-in and telephone customers and assist with sourcing
and shipping parts, inventory control and warranty
* Provide customer product and service needs by researching
products via computer system, catalog, telephone or other reference
* Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps
merchandise in order.
* Apply suggestive selling techniques and up sells to current and
* Conduct outgoing customer sales or service calls and resolve
* High School Diploma or GED Required.
* The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a
strong background in technical support, HVAC parts, and customer
service/sales with intermediate MS Office capabilities.
* Customer Service, Data Entry, Estimating, Purchase Orders, Sales,
* Minimum 1+ year experience in a Counter Sales role, preferably in
the HVAC industry.
* Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment
at a wholesale distribution level.
* Strong interpersonal skills including sales, problem solving, and
customer service focus absolutely required.
* Ability to work independently but meet assigned goals and
objectives in designated time frames.
* Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with skills to
multi-task on different levels.
* Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop
long term relationships
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong and creative problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The duties listed above are intended only as
illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical
assignment to the position.
* Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
* The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and
telephone for prolonged periods of time.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks
and other warehouse equipment.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
Baker Distributing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully
subscribes to, as well as practices, the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity. Therefore, we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by law in the recruitment,
selection, placement, training, compensation, and promotion of our
Keywords: Baker Distributing Company, McAllen , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!