Certified First Assist Surgical Technician - Operating Room
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: August 8, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL - MCALLEN, TX
CERTIFIED FIRST ASSIST SURGICAL TECHNICIAN - OPERATING ROOM
Founded in 1982, RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour emergency room
* Off-Site Emergency Department
* Level III Trauma Center
* Comprehensive cardiovascular care
* 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL is currently looking for a CERTIFIED
FIRST ASSIST SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - OPERATING ROOM.
* Manages the physical environment of the surgical suite. Monitors
and directs the utilization of resources related to the care of the
* Effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate
* Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and of
step-by-step knowledge for specific surgical procedures.
* Anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
* Functions as a resource person.
* Participates in staff education and training by conducting
in-services on surgical techniques and equipment.
* Assists in coordinating and expediting room turnover.
* Identifies normal/abnormal anatomy.
* Acknowledges consent in room with surgeon, anesthesiologist,
scrub, and other team members present.
* Assists with positioning in conjunction with planned surgical
procedures and the patient's needs.
* Performs skin prep when helpful to the team.
* Provides hemostasis by applying suture ligatures, ligaclips, and
other ligating devices safely, as directed by the physician.
* Provides wound closure utilizing appropriate suture techniques,
materials, and devices as directed by the surgeon.
* Applies sterile dressings and/or immobilization devices as
directed by the surgeon.
* May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes and
procedure trays are stored.
* Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology
* Certified Surgical Technologist by the Liaison Council
Certification of the Association of Surgical Technologist,
* Assistant in Surgery - Certified (NCCT or ABSA)
Organizational and time management skills required * Care and
maintenance of surgical instruments
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Certified First Assist Surgical Technician - Operating Room, Professions , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!