Manufacturing Distribution Supervisor
Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Posted on: January 4, 2019
Actively distributes production paperwork and coordinates activities of workers in the distribution of millwork products and services, including providing technical support, to all millwork customers, McCoy retail locations, outside Commercial Sales Reps,and commercial contractors. Responsible for accuracy and quality of all orders staged for shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates activities and shipping schedules for millwork product to McCoy retail locations and commercial contractors.
- Coordinates delivery routes and availability of delivery vehicles with McCoy retail locations and commercial contractors.
- Ensures that Millwork delivery vehicles are utilized in most efficient, cost-effective, and profitable manner.
- Ensures that delivery drivers adhere to safety standards as required by McCoy Corporation.
- Assigns duties to distribution department co-workers & schedules break periods.
- Trains co-workers in facility and company policies, procedures, and job duties.
- Is responsible for quality assurance of all order staged for delivery the day before they ship. Verifies quality when it has not been inspected by QA at the end of lines and quantities by size.
- Investigates customer problems or issues with deliveries, product quality, or service, as necessary. Ensures that co-workers investigate such problems or issues and they are resolved immediately.
- Supports all company promotional activities with appropriate training, staffing, merchandising, or selling assistance.
- Directs, verifies, & initiates plans for shipment of product based on incoming orders placed with customer service department.
- Works with and through millworks management to develop & maintain plans of action that protect company assets, property, and profitability.
- Directs, verifies, & initiates plans for production of product with production department based on incoming orders placed with customer service department.
- Attends all millwork meetings and training sessions as required by management.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures of McCoy Corporation while carrying out responsibilities of the position. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises 10 to 20 employees in the Distribution Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company s policies and applicable employment laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, & training employees; planning,assigning, & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of thecompany. Ability to communicate bilingually.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. WORK AVAILABILITY
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance, at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use their hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently required to work with fumes or airborne particles. The employees is occasionally required to work in wet or humidconditions, high or precarious places, with toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and vibration. The noise level in the workplace is typically loud.
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, McAllen , Manufacturing Distribution Supervisor, Professions , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!