Production Manager - UniFirst
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and
facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to
become one of the largest companies in the garment services
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes "Platinum 400 - Best Big
Companies" List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more
than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico,
and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst.
What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still
function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within.
In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within
the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who
possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all
else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out
from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just
how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
This position is an integral leader within the UniFirst business
unit. Lead a team of over 40 people to help the business unit
achieve its financial goals. Work closely with the General Manager
on business planning, process improvements, safety initiatives, and
employee relations improvements and issues. Foster a culture of
collaboration and quality by communicating effectively. You achieve
results by getting the best out of your greatest asset, your
Our ideal Production Manager Candidate---
- Has excellent communication skills
- Understands problem solving through root cause analysis
- Employs a supportive, collaborative management style
- Prior managerial experience required
- 3-5 years in a managerial role preferred
- Is a creative, "big picture" thinker who is not afraid of
- Is innovative
- Is bilingual in English and Spanish
A Production Manager should be resilient, hardworking, goal
oriented, honest, loyal, a self-starter, responsible, adaptable,
possess a "can-do" attitude, and be a true problem solver!
- Ensure that the UniFirst Quality Policy becomes part of the
Production Department "Culture" and ISO certification.
- Participate in, and support the determination, education and
implementation of guiding principles to the UniFirst Mission
Statement and strategic plan.
- Ensure that the customer/supplier requirements shall be
communicated throughout the Production Department and with other
departments of the Corporation.
- Maximize divisional profits to provide short and long-term
- Participate in attainment of divisional growth goals for
customer retention, pricing and new customer sales by providing
quality products and a well-maintained facility which will enhance
- Manage departmental activities regarding safety, health, and
environmental issues to ensure that proper consideration is given
to corporate policy and federal, state, and local
- Inventory management and purchasing.
- Assure maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of the building
and all its equipment.
- Must have a proven track record of hiring, leading, and
developing a successful team.----
- Experience with a quality management system.
- Experience with a maintenance management system.--------
- Familiar with Windows Operating systems Excel, Word, and
- Must have a safe driving record.----------
- Four-year degree in an appropriate background or equivalent
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
Keywords: UniFirst, McAllen , Production Manager - UniFirst, Professions , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!