Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Progressive Care Unit
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 10, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a
Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Progressive Care Unit.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
HCA Houston Healthcare Rio Grande - McAllen, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Progressive Care Unit Nights - 7p-7a
HCA Houston Healthcare Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) is proud
of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare
providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have
remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to
all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
To learn more about the programs and upcoming events at HCA Houston
Healthcare Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), visit
HCA Houston Healthcare Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) is part
of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a
comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers,
emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater
Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17
hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency
centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information,
visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com .
What you will do in this role:
- Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered
Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Telemetry environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with
emphasis on the needs of individual Telemetry patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others
to make informed choices regarding health care
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives
and process improvement
- Promote a supportive Telemetry environment.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult
and geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the
- Participates in department process improvement projects.
Participates and engaged in improving patient satisfaction.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required. What qualification
you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
- BLS certification required
- ACLS required or within a minimum of one year employment
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are
actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, McAllen , Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Progressive Care Unit, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!