Posted on: August 3, 2019
OverviewPeraton is seeking an Aerostat Specialist in the Rio Grande
Valley/McAllen, TX Area in support of the Tactical Aerostat System
(TAS) program.ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll do…
- This position is responsible for managing all aerostat system
depot-level maintenance (DLM) and aerostat inflation/deflation
activities for the program.
- Applies advanced technical analytical skills and knowledge to
solve unusually complex problems with overall aerostat system
maintenance beyond the capabilities of individual sites.
- Qualified to operate the aerostat launch/recovery control
systems including their backup systems.
- Directs and performs depot-level maintenance on items shipped
to the depot for repair such as aerostat hardware and rigging, nose
latches, truss assemblies, mechanical valves, and pressurization
- Travels to the sites to direct and perform intermediate level
maintenance on the aerostat flexible structure, windscreens, nose
battens, truss assemblies, valves, blowers, tethers, and aerostat
- Fabricates aerostat handling lines, mooring lines, and
confluence lines at the depot IAW aerostat technical
- Qualified to make preparations, direct and perform aerostat
inflations and deflations in the field, including knowledge on
high- pressure gas (helium) transfer procedures.
- Participates in special investigations.
- Writes maintenance reports and recommendations for aerostat
- Qualified to operate forklifts, special personnel lift
vehicles, and tether reeving units.
- Trains and certifies other personnel in selected aerostat
maintenance and operations procedures.
- Assists with the resupply and repair logistics activities for
- Qualified as a member of the flight crew for launch, recover,
maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Performs aspects of technical supply management work (e.g.,
inventory management, storage management, cataloging, property
utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply
- Travels to the sites to perform corrective maintenance
activities, configuration audits, and related technical
QualificationsYou'd be a great fit if…
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 3+ years
of related work experience or an Associate's Degree with 4+ years
of related work experience. 6+ years of related work experience may
be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- You have excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent
verbal and communication skills.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel /
PowerPoint / Project).
- You have a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- You are able to understand, speak, read and write English
- You have proof of U.S. residency (required).
It'd be even better if you…
- Are able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Are able to perform the following physical activities:
stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and
working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure
to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Are able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to
head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective
devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published
company work rules.
- Are comfortable working in interior and exterior work
environments, sometimes in inclement weather. May be required to
travel for extended periods as needed.
- Are able to travel up to 40%.
What you'll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you
must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to
show proof of citizenship and residency.About PeratonAre you ready
to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a
fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy
going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers
– with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit
and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team,
you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the
most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and
promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our
families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.EEO
StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, McAllen , Aerostat Specialist, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!