Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: May 17, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration.
Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and
verifies insurance coverage.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all
necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed
utilizing carts/computers on wheels
· Ensure charts are completed and accurate
· Verify all insurance and obtain
· Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
· Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for
· Answer any questions and explains policies clearly
· Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and
established productivity standards
· Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner.
Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer
patient and visitor questions
· Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other
responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical
information with insurance and financial information
· Assign I-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to
comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
· Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical code number.
Notify Medical Records for any duplicate unit numbers
· Verify insurance benefits and determines pre-certification
status. If pre-certification is needed, call the insurance precert
department and initiate review or verify authorization number
provided by scheduling staff. Enter all information and
authorization numbers into the registration system.
· Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of
medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment
of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of
necessary identification and insurance cards.
· Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing,
and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for
services rendered according to collection policies. Issue a
Business Office letter to all patients according to policy
· Obtain proper authorization for treatment and approval codes from
the insurance carrier for patients presenting for treatment insured
by an MCO. Collect co-pays, deposits, and deductibles and documents
collection status in the system and chart. Issue waivers for
signatures when appropriate.
· Inform former patients or their representatives of delinquent
accounts and attempt to obtain payment. Refer delinquent accounts
to the Manager/Supervisor for further action
· Receive and receipt payments from patient for services rendered.
Prepare daily deposits and maintains the integrity of the cash
· Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate
departments. Align pertinent documents for establishing the
patient's medical record and financial file
· Register and admit all patients after the other registration
departments are closed. Route admission documents and forms to
· Price, key, and detail patient charges. Burst charts for
distribution to physician's billing service, medical records,
ancillary departments, and the business office. Check for double
charges on all accounts
· Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing
information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
· Document complaints received from patients, the medical staff,
and ancillary departments on an incident report form and refer to
coordinator for follow-up action
· Acknowledge, file, and send MOX messages via Meditech
· Check for physician orders and attaches them to the patient
medical records to ensure that patients are receiving appropriate
· Escort patient to his/her destination or refers patient to an
· Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for
· At least one year of registration experience preferred
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Registrar, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!