Deposit Operations Specialist
Company: Vantage Bank Texas
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Full / Part-time: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Location: 1801 S 2nd St. McAllen, TX 78503
The Deposit Operations Specialist I position will be assigned many
duties to accomplish a wide variation of duties that may fall under
the responsibility of the Deposit Operations Department. This
department includes the Bookkeeping, Overdraft Privilege Program,
Dormant Accounts, levies and Freezes, Adjustments, Research,
Lockbox, ATM Cash, and Account Analysis. Various duties in these
areas will be assigned and will include learning to be the back-up
for duties assigned to other employees in the department.
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that
the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be
required to perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Complete assigned Bookkeeping area duties such as large item
review, NSF processing, chargebacks, non-post, prenotifications,
ACH duties, etc.
2. Assist with research and adjustment duties such as corrections
and duplicate items as assigned.
3. Complete duties assigned from other function areas of deposit
4. Assist with dormant releases, inactive account review and IAT
OFAC review as assigned.
5. Review ACH death notifications and place holds or return funds
6. Assist with the bank's overdraft privilege program (ODP)
7. Maintain records according to the bank's records retention
8. Process maintenance as needed on customer's accounts.
9. Respond to emails and calls from bankers and customer service to
10. Assist with and be backup for any department duties as
11. Assist with printing, folding, and mailing out notices or
letters to customers.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by team leaders or department
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum
experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory
performance of this position. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to
perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities
may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Preferably one year of banking experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage priorities and
- Ability to work independently and with minimum
- Ability to handle large volumes of work while meeting
- Visual and mental concentration is necessary for accurately
- Multitask oriented.
- Ability to work in an environment where other employees can
also be heard working.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all
Keywords: Vantage Bank Texas, McAllen , Deposit Operations Specialist, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!