Security Officer (Armed)
Company: Paragon Systems Inc.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: This armed position is under the direct
supervision of the Manager for assigned high profile site and
performs a variety of security-related duties. In this position,
you will observe and report activities and incidents at assigned
locations, providing for the security and safety of client
property, visitors, and personnel. As an armed officer, you may
respond to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate
escalation of force level up to and including armed response as
dictated by the situation and protocol. Additionally, you will
assist in preserving order and may act to enforce regulations and
directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and
premises; control access to client site and facility through the
admittance process; responsive in all situations; monitors
entrances and exits and acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful
entry. Some assignments may patrol assigned site on foot or in
vehicle, checks for unsafe conditions such as hazards, unlocked
doors, and security violations; protects evidence or scenes of
incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security
investigations; prepares logs or reports as requested. May be
exposed to stressful situations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
- Controls access to client site or facility through the
admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities,
and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical
assets; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to
the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient
manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the
appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed
response following established protocol for the site and as
dictated by the situation, by the company, and through required
training and licensing; maintains proficiency in the use of all
assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons as
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and
visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their
needs; provides a courteous, respectful, and pleasant interaction
with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point
of view; presents a good image of the client and its security
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in
all situations; provides information, to the extent authorized,
regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or
unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and
vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle
contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit
television; operates remote access devices; calmly directs persons
who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe
conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked
ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons;
inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of
accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up
barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types
reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar;
inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client
representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or
public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances
and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat,
flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials,
inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following
procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through
training or certification.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and
scope as required for the assigned site.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, may need to meet
Physical examination requirements per assignment and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
- U.S. citizenship preferred
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma / GED
- Speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English,
and compose coherent written reports in English.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of Armed Security / Law
Enforcement experience OR two (2) years of honorable service with
the US Armed Forces.
- Candidates may need to be qualified for work under Exec Order
14042, Vaccine Mandate for workers on federal contracts
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for armed
security work and specific protective device and weapons
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet certification
requirements for Basic Life Support CPR/AED and First Aid from
American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and
- Ability to see, hears, speak, and write clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients. Ability to write routine
correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at various social levels and across diverse
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Suite, computer usage, and operating
controls. WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable
accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform
effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands,
the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding
to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for up to 12 hours per day and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include
pursuit, detaining and engaging individuals, frequent lifting and /
or occasional lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
Vehicles are to include but not limited to cars, trucks, electric
carts, and bicycles.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather
or be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require
carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective
gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
Certain state's posting requirements ask for additional detail.
Depending on geography, site assignment and / or experience:
Wage range for this position is $15.00-37.92 with a Health and
Welfare benefit range from $4.00-$6.00 where applicable.
- Additional compensation of $1.00 - $3.00 may be available at
sites requiring a Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Some site assignments may include a shift differential of an
additional $0.25 - $1.50 per hour. Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (if paid via Health and Welfare
benefit, there is no separate company contribution)
- The paid leave for full time employees is from 80-240 hours /
year based on longevity in the position, and sick leave is a
minimum of 56 hours per year for a full-time employee - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
VA License Number: 11-4665
Keywords: Paragon Systems Inc., McAllen , Security Officer (Armed), Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...