Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Practice
Company: Liberty Administrative
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Our well-established nephrology practice seeks an energetic,
dedicated person to fill a Nurse Practitioner or Physician
Assistant position. This permanent, full-time position is a unique
opportunity to provide care to renal patients in McAllen, TX. The
primary responsibilities of this position are: Summary: Our Nurse
Practitioners or Physician Assistants help with all aspects of
patient care, including diagnosis, treatments, and consultations.
They work in outpatient situations and can perform independently or
as part of a treatment team, working alongside our Nephrologists.
Our Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant perform the
important task of educating patients about preventative care and
prescribed treatments. The ideal candidate will be compassionate,
ethical, detail-oriented and have experience with renal replacement
- Assess risk factors.
- Perform history and physicals.
- Orders diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies.
- Initiates consults and referrals.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with RMKC Policy, and
- Responsible for evaluating and assessing patients in outpatient
clinic visits, hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis visits.
- Utilizes professional skills interviewing, assessment,
evaluation, identification, and implementation of
interventions/treatment plans based on the specific needs of each
- Notifies supervising physician regarding any unusual or
unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care
and support staff within the practice.
- Provides health education to patients, families, and/or
community health practitioners and groups.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research related to specific
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.*Please
note that this is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities
of the position. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Current, valid State of Texas Medical Licenses (NP or
- Active DEA license
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician
Assistant Certified (PA-C)
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be bilingual - able to speak Spanish
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American
Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or a physician assistant who is
certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician
- Compassion; medical aptitude; communication and problem-solving
- Knowledge of nephrology clinical care
- Strong computer skills in Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication skills
- Skill preparing and maintaining patient recordsPhysical Job
- Frequent long periods of standing, bending, stooping, walking,
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Some travel required
- Valid Driver's LicenseWhat we can offer:
- Competitive compensation plans.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, generous
paid-time off and a 401k Retirement Plan with an excellent company
match. Liberty Administrative Services, LLC provides an inclusive
and safe environment for all applicants and employees. Liberty
Administrative Services, LLC treats all individuals equally without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender identity, gender
expression, transgender), sexual orientation, age, pregnancy,
parenthood, marital status, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic
predisposition or carrier status or any other impermissible factor
according to applicable law. For applicants in need of assistance
or special accommodations for any part of the application process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email
to to let us know the nature of your request.Vaccine
RequirementsEmployees of Liberty Administrative Services, LLC must
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
is a condition of employment. Individuals with medical or sincerely
held religious beliefs, practices or observances that prevent them
from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine may request an exemption to the
COVID-19 vaccination requirement. PI201498520
Keywords: Liberty Administrative, McAllen , Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Practice, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!