New Graduate Nurse Residency StaRN-Woman Services
Company: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Join our HCA Nurse Residency Program*
"RN's with less than 6 months of experience please apply"
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you
enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-start your career with HCA Houston Healthcare's StaRN Nurse
We invite RN's to apply for a unique and rewarding opportunity to
receive didactic and clinical training in most areas of nursing.
This program will allow new graduates to obtain experience through
an intensive internship program and then transition into full-time
This program varies from 12-22 weeks depending on the specialty you
choose. Didactic, interactive course work & simulation labs. During
the first part of the training schedule (first 5-11 weeks), class
will be Monday- Friday 8 A.M. to 5 P.M at a centralized location.
The remaining timeframe is preceptorship at the hospital; at this
time, shifts will transition to 12 hours, 3 days each week.
All who successfully complete the StaRN program will transition
into full-time roles at hired hospital & department they are
selected for during the initial interview process.
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is
Monday through Friday; 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week but can also
include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three
12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital,
following the preceptor's schedule. * *
- Certifications achieved BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale,
and Meditech Modules.
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time
commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a
pro-rated portion of the educational costs should they break that
- Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization
into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- _Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX_*
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
- _Once on hospital payroll_*, we offer an excellent benefits
package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan repayment,employee discount program,
and employee stock purchase program and loan repayment.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is preferred, ADN must be
enrolling into BSN program.
- What qualifications you will need:*
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school, with less than 6
months of RN experience.
- NCLEX taken prior to cohort start preferred, NCLEX test must be
taken no later than
the Monday before preceptorship.
--- Strong communication skills required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- *Job:** **Nursing - Professional*
- *Title:** *New Graduate Nurse Residency StaRN-Woman
- *Location:** *Texas-McAllen-Rio Grande Regional Hospital*
- *Requisition ID:** *02660-122570*
Keywords: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America, McAllen , New Graduate Nurse Residency StaRN-Woman Services, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!