Construction Quality Assurance - USACE - DODP10
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a
mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in
McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies' histories of
consistent growth and high performance in the federal services
market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and
Avantus' services and solutions are designed, tailored, and
executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland
Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers
solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project &
Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment,
Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis,
Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions,
Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus Federal is interviewing for an on-site Quality Assurance
(QA) representative to support the Department of Defense U.S. Army
Corps of Engineers (USACE) Border Infrastructure Program. The ideal
candidate for this position will have USACE specific construction
experience managing large construction projects ranging from $10M -
$50M, be able to work independently while providing support to the
Government client, and be able to perform the following types of
- Serve as the on-site liaison between the construction
contractor and Government representative and provide overall
coordination of the construction quality management program for
- Attend selective quality control, preparatory and initial
meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and
- Review all contractor's administrative submittals and
coordinate review of technical submittals with Designer of
- Coordinate support to review and witness successful testing and
commissioning/certification of critical systems.
- Review accuracy of contractor invoices.
- Review Activity Hazard Analysis and ensure work is performed in
accordance with the three phases of QC.
- Conduct on-site safety inspections to ensure compliance with
approved safety processes
- Coordinate utility outages, excavation permits, burn permits
and storage area laydown
- Provide field support to validate pre-construction drawings,
investigate engineering problems, review as-built drawing accuracy,
and be the primary technical point of contact for all construction
- Submit required reporting into Government directed
- Clearance - Favorable NACI - must have investigation in JPAS;
US Citizenship Required. #AvantusClearedJob
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Control / Assurance Manager
monitoring geotech, concrete, electrical, communication and
structural work on construction projects
- Willingness and ability to work 6-10 hour days weekly.
- Recent completion of Construction Quality for Contractors
course from USACE
- Prior USACE construction project experience.
- Familiarity and user level knowledge of USACE Resident
Management System (RMS)
- Willingness to relocate as necessary to support work.
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principals as
identified in the EM385 1-1.
- Current Security Clearance a plus.
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals
solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be
Keywords: Avantus, McAllen , Construction Quality Assurance - USACE - DODP10, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!