Tech - Lab/Xray
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provides information for patient diagnosis and treatment by
performing x-ray and/or laboratory tests as order by the provider;
receiving, and recording lab and/or x-ray results in EMR system in
a timely manner. Convey a positive image of the clinic.
Qualifications & Specifications:
- Education - High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Licensure & Certification - Successful completion of LMRT
and/or Phlebotomist and/or Medical/Nursing Assistant program with
current BLS. Must be current with Phlebotomist/LMRT/MA/NA
- Experience - Minimum of one year work experience in patient
contact work, preferably service related. Experience or interest in
- Essential Skills - Knowledge of health care field.. Knowledge
of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical
specialty. Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to
patients and families. Skills in performing task
- Essential Physical Requirements - Must be able to use
appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient
transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc. Must be
able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies.
- Working conditions - Combination of medical office and
exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well ventilated,
Essential Job Duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing
orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays
following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by
practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by
Physician, PA, or NP
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to
- Maintain x-ray room, stock necessary radiological
- Request, retrieve and track files to and from other departments
- Work closely with the Physician, PA, or NP to receive guidance
and instruction for treating patients.
- Perform lab work as directed by Physician, PA, or NP
- Traveling is a required.
All Employees Are Expected To:
- Understand the mission and vision of the clinic.
- Operate within the concept of patient focused care.
- Evolve into an effective team member.
- Maintain good grooming and personal hygiene habits.
- Adhere to attendance policies.
- Conform to employee policies and office procedures.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, McAllen , Tech - Lab/Xray, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!