Company: Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Conduct on-site technical assistance visits to ensure compliance
with the programs installation procedures and efficiency standards.
Visits will involve the use of diagnostic equipment such as blower
door tests, manometers, or infrared cameras in order to determine
the most cost-effective measures appropriate for each home.
Assesses subcontractor performance and determines compliance with
approved program operating plans and requirements. Responsible for
preparing weatherization reports and conducting final inspections
for each home.
1.Responsible for maintaining inventory of all equipment and
ensure that it is loaded in the vehicle and ready to go daily, to
include Monthly Ladder Inspection Forms.
2.Responsible for maintaining vehicle, to include fueling,
cleaning, servicing, and completing Monthly Vehicle
3.Responsible for providing assistance in completing assessments
and final inspections of residential housing for health, safety,
and energy upgrades according to federal and state
4.Assist in training weatherization participants on techniques
and methods in conserving energy.
5.Assist filling out Building Weatherization Reports (BWRs)
completely and accurately for each assigned case.
6.Responsible for following agency and program policies and
7.Non-physical demands include performing multiple tasks
simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, judgement
decisions and working closely with others as part of a
8.Other duties as assigned
- Experience in two years working in a construction setting
- Must have experience operating general office equipment and
understand principles, methods, and practices of weatherization
- High School diploma or GED.
- The candidate must be able to conduct inventories.
- The candidate must have a valid drivers license, a safe driving
record and be able to pass a pre-employment physical and criminal
history background check.
- Must be willing to attend on-going appropriate trainings which
may require occasional out-of-town travel and/or overnight
- The candidate must also possess basic computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to good writing and oral
communicative skills (bilingual in Spanish-English preferred.)
- Analytical ability to detect and resolve errors
- The candidate must be able to perform manual labor which
includes lifting moderate weight containers.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds. Lifting will be primarily
confined to weatherization equipment, occasional on premises
lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office
- Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking,
reaching, bending, hearing, talking for up to eight (8) hours a
- Must have good vision.
Keywords: Community Action Corporation of South Texas, McAllen , Weatherization Specialist, Other , McAllen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!