7th grade Pre-Algebra Teacher - IDEA Los Encinos College Prep (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our studentsgraduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years thats
8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEAs co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now
serveover 65,000students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the
lookout for IDEA schools opening near youwith continued growth in
our current regions and new launches inTampa Bay, FL(2021),
Jacksonville, FL (2022), and Cincinnati, OH (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX,to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEAs mission of
college for all,as only 1 out of 17studentscurrentlygraduatecollege
ready. Our mission holds true as we haveover 5,000IDEA alumni that
currently attend, or have graduated from,300 colleges and
universities across the country.
Join our passionate team ofchangemakersin south Texas as we prepare
to expand our home region to55schools, serving over38,000students
IDEA Math teachers are responsible for the increasing student
achievement and mastery of grade level content. Math teachers
deliver various levels of Pre-AP Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 Pre-AP
instruction across grade levels that provides students the
knowledge and skills needed to access advanced level Math
curriculum. Math teachers at IDEA provide the foundational math
understanding that students will need continually. Teachers are
tasked with delivering quality instruction and supports that
facilitate student learning and comprehension, playing a critical
role in students path to and through college.
- Implement state learning standards and IDEA curricula and
assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Learn, master, and deliver content and grade level curriculum,
core content objectives, and texts
- Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each
individual students progress and learning needs, adjust lesson
plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly
- Communicate students progress with student and family on a
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a
communication and educational tool to improve student achievement
and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system
that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students
character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a
productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
students and families based on trust, understanding and respectfor
the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings,
before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal
learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities mayinclude:after-school tutoring or
Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelors Degree from an accredited four-year
- Experience: Experience in a classroom setting preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: State certification preferred but
Knowledge and Skills:
- Aligned or relevant coursework that indicates experience or
exposure to the Math content
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned and ability to pass
a grade level aligned IDEA content assessment
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the
- Click herefor the .
- This role is also eligible for various stipend opportunities
and incentives through our Teacher Career Pathway. For more
information about our total rewards, visitour
- Additional hourly compensation is provided for after school
tutoring or Saturday school as assigned
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, McAllen , 7th grade Pre-Algebra Teacher - IDEA Los Encinos College Prep (21-22), Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!