Company: Synaptic Solar
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Synaptic Solar is one of the youngest yet fastest growing solar
PV installations companies in Texas! We take pride in having
industry experts who understand the challenges of todays solar
installations. We focus on giving the best service to our customers
and therefore we are looking for the most talented individuals to
join our growing team.
Synaptic Solar is looking for a full-time Foreman Journeyman
Electrician to join our team as leadership. This position requires
you not to only succeed in the technical aspects but also succeed
as a leader and mentor to our installation crew. This is an
exciting opportunity for anyone who is looking to grow within the
solar PV installation business. Keep in mind this is not a
temporary or project-based opportunity. This is a permanent
long-term position and we are looking for long-term minded
individuals. There is opportunity for career advancement.
This position requires you to travel around homes in McAllen and
its surrounding areas.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 4 to 6 crew members for the completion of solar
- Responsibly driving to clients site using companys truck
- Ensure completion of projects and customer satisfaction.
- Enforce and promote safety, quality, customer service, and
- Professionally bend conduit.
- Install electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices
required for the installation of residential and light commercial
solar PV systems.
- Install projects as contracted and designed.
- Obtain all required materials to complete the assigned project,
including renting special construction equipment.
- All electrical work meets or exceeds the current National
Electrical Code as well as local jurisdiction requirements.
- Resolve project, customer, and staff escalations.
- Troubleshoot PV systems and resolve electrical issues.
- Oversee and effectively communicate with local inspectors.
- Ensure all projects pass jurisdiction requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate with territory Project Manager and
- Maintain and enforce safety and training programs.
- Reports directly to the Project Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have an active Journeyman Electrician license in the State
- Must have a valid and active drivers license.
- Must be comfortable with driving around the McAllen area and
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude
- Must demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools
(e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and
- Must have thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal
regulations and guidelines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor, with excellent
- Must have previous experience of leading or motivating a
- 1+ years experience as a Journeyman Electrician
- Solar experience is a plus.
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces
which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing,
kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to rooftop to
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not
limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet
environment, and humidity
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as
ladders, fall protection harnesses and other PPE.
- Ability to work while wearing heavy protective equipment such
as arc flash suits, gloves, and face shields
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
Installations normally run from Tuesday to Saturday. Days off
are usually Sunday and Monday. The day can start as early as 6:30
AM and the day ends varying by amount of projects per day. The
average working hours are 45 to 50 hours per week.
The starting pay rate is $32 to $40 an hour depending on skills
and experience. There is opportunity for pay increase, piece-rate
compensation, or career advancement.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 10 days of PTO per year
- 12 days of holidays per year
- Weekly pay (every Friday!)
- Direct deposit
- Full-timeSalary: $32.00 to $40.00 /hour
What happens after you apply:
If you are interested, apply today! This is an immediate
opening. Your resume will be reviewed by our talent team. If you
are selected to move forward to the next screening, you will be
receiving an email and/or a call. Please keep an eye on your email
and voicemails. If selected for an interview, this will be via
Zoom. Therefore, you will need access to a camera and internet.
Keywords: Synaptic Solar, McAllen , Electrician, Other , McAllen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!