Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (PRN)
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist to join our family.
Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TXCertified First Assist
Surgical Technologist - Operating RoomFounded in 1982, Rio Grande
Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of
maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers
in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained
focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all
members of our community.With 320 beds and a team of more than 500
physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of
inpatient and outpatient services. What you will do in this
- Manages the physical environment of the surgical suite.
Monitors and directs the utilization of resources related to the
care of the patient.
- Effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate
- Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and of
step-by-step knowledge for specific surgical procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Functions as a resource person.
- Participates in staff education and training by conducting
in-services on surgical techniques and equipment.
- Assists in coordinating and expediting room turnover.
- Identifies normal/abnormal anatomy.
- Acknowledges consent in room with surgeon, anesthesiologist,
scrub, and other team members present.
- Assists with positioning in conjunction with planned surgical
procedures and the patient's needs.
- Performs skin prep when helpful to the team.
- Provides hemostasis by applying suture ligatures, ligaclips,
and other ligating devices safely, as directed by the
- Provides wound closure utilizing appropriate suture techniques,
materials, and devices as directed by the surgeon.
- Applies sterile dressings and/or immobilization devices as
directed by the surgeon.
- May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes
and procedure trays are stored.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology
What qualifications you will need:
- Certified Surgical Technologist by the Liaison Council
Certification of the Association of Surgical Technologist,
- Assistant in Surgery - Certified (NCCT or ABSA)
- BLSOrganizational and time management skills required
- Care and maintenance of surgical instruments
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (PRN), Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!