Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX
Registered Nurse - ICU
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
What you will do in this role:
Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered
Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service
* Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
* Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
* Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with
emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
* Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others
to make informed choices regarding health care.
* Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with
dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and
* Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult,
and geriatric patients as assigned.
* Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
* Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and
* Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or
Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
What qualification you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
* Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of
* Minimum of one-year experience in Critical Care in an acute care
hospital within the last three years required.
* Experience with high acuity ICU medical / surgical patients is
* RN license or new graduate proof of intent to test.
* Employment in this position is contingent upon successful
licensure as a RN.
* Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course required upon hire for
experienced ICU nurses.
* AHA ACLS required within 6 months of employment for
non-experienced ICU nurses.
* TNCC required within 18 months of employment.
* Current BLS certification required
* CCRN preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!