Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (PRN)
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist to join our family.
Come be a part of the change!----
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Rio Grande Regional Hospital --- McAllen, TX--Certified First
Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room--Founded in 1982, Rio
Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is
proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare
providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have
remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to
all members of our community.--With 320 beds and a team of more
than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a
range of inpatient and outpatient services.----What you will do in
- Manages the physical environment of the surgical suite.--
Monitors and directs the utilization of resources related to the
care of the patient.
- Effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate
- Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and of
step-by-step knowledge for specific surgical procedures.----
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Functions as a resource person.----
- Participates in staff education and training by conducting
in-services on surgical techniques and equipment.--
- Assists in coordinating and expediting room turnover.----
- Identifies normal/abnormal anatomy.----
- Acknowledges consent in room with surgeon, anesthesiologist,
scrub, and other team members present.--
- --Assists with positioning in conjunction with planned surgical
procedures and the patient---s needs.----
- Performs skin prep when helpful to the team.--
- Provides hemostasis by applying suture ligatures, ligaclips,
and other ligating devices safely, as directed by the
- Provides wound closure utilizing appropriate suture techniques,
materials, and devices as directed by the surgeon.
- Applies sterile dressings and/or immobilization devices as
directed by the surgeon.----
- May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes
and procedure trays are stored.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technologyWhat
qualifications you will need:
- Certified Surgical Technologist by the Liaison Council
Certification of the Association of Surgical Technologist,
- Assistant in Surgery --- Certified (NCCT or ABSA)
- BLSOrganizational and time management skills required
- Care and maintenance of surgical instrumentsHCA Healthcare
ranks on Fortune---s list of Most Admired Companies for three
consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In
addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World---s Most Ethical
Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We---d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!--
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (PRN), Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!