Emergency Room Charge Nurse
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 9, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitiousCharge
Nurse for the Emergency Roomto help us reach our goals. Unlock your
AtHCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in
several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can
even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex
spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate
in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
Rio Grande RegionalHospital is a 320-bed, full service medical
facility serving the Rio Grande Valley which was founded in 1982.
With over 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, Rio
Grande Regional Hospital along with the Children's Medical Center
at Rio Grande Regional Hospital offer an array of comprehensive
services including: full surgical and diagnostic capabilities,
Cardiac Care; Surgical Services; Radiology; Women's Services;
Diabetes Management; Intensive Care for Adults and Pediatrics;
Radiology; Women's Services; Neonatal Care; Physical, Occupational
and Speech Therapy; Advanced Level III Trauma Services and are
proud to be the First and Only hospital in the Rio Grande Valley
with a Pediatric Heart Program.
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help
you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
Charge Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER)
What you will do in this role:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for
- Meeting the Standards of Practice for the Emergency Department
(ED) and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and
- Participate in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve
the quality of patient care
- Routinely provides triage assessment for patients presenting
- Routinely performs venipunctures for obtaining specimens for
- Routinely provides intervention in emergency, life-threatening
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the department, as
- ADN required; BSN enrolled
- 1 year Emergency (ED) experience
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license
- CEN preferred
Nurses with ER Experience, greater than 1 year, are required to
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC required upon hire
- ENPC Preferred
Nurses with less than 1 year ER Experience, and nurses that
transfer in from a non-ER unit are required to have:
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire, or transfer date
- PALS and TNCC required within a year of hire, or transfer
- ENPC Preferred
For nurses that transfer in to the department, the date of transfer
will be utilized instead of the date of hire.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have
over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's,
ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility
based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our
HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's
top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, McAllen , Emergency Room Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!