Charge Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: September 5, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Charge Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Position - Unit
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Rio Grande Regional
Hospital is currently looking for a Charge Nurse RN - for the
Job Title: Med Surg Charge RN Patient Care Coordinator
- Provides front line leadership and decision-making for
departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care
- Develops plan for care that is based upon patient census, needs
and acuity. Is responsible for fiscal and human resource allocation
based upon guidelines.
- Provides performance coaching scheduling and supervision of
employees, assists with payroll function.
- Performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered
Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the cardiovascular service
line. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Participates in department specific initiatives and process
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Recent 1 year of acute care experience requiredKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have expertise in the provision of clinical care to the
- Must be able to provide leadership confidence to an employee
group that holds a diverse skill set.
- Must have problem-solving ability and a working knowledge of
overall medical/surgical/Bariatric care.SPECIAL DEMANDS
- Completes additional Medical/Surgical/Bariatric and leadership
training HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired
Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the
fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition
of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters . We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Charge Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!