Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED)
Posted on: April 8, 2019
Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) , an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Off-Site Emergency Department
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Rio Grande Regional Hospital is currently accepting applications
for a Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED) at
our newest location in San Juan.
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees,
patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to
patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon
the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental
and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse
Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding
patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number
of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the
department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing
education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is
assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively
communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with
appropriate referrals to the department director as
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for
the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply
management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse
Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
Keywords: HCA., McAllen , Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED), Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!