Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED)
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) , an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community. With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Off-Site Emergency Department
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Rio Grande Regional Hospital is currently accepting applications for a Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED).
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the facility
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as such
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees, patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer service behaviors
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and treatment.
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely manner
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with appropriate referrals to the department director as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll system.
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program Qualifications Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- 2 year's recent clinical experience and competence in Emergency Medicine and/or Critical Care.
- 2 year's supervisory experience required
- Current Texas state license (RN)
- Current BLS. ACLS, TNCC, PALS We offer a generous compensation package including: Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Manager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Department (FSED), Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!