Audiologist AUD - McAllen
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Other opening in McAllen, Texas. This and other audiologist jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Audiologist to provide services at the VAMC in McAllen TX.
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Tanisha Roundtree at or email your resume to ! Experience/Qualifications Needed: 1 year of professional experience and unrestricted license to practice audiology.Master's degree or its equivalent in audiology or hearing science from an accredited college or university; or, a master's degree, or its equivalent, in speech-language pathology, communication sciences and disorders, or a related field, from an accredited college or university.Licensure: Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure in a State, Territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia.Schedule: Full Time – 5 Days per week – 8am – 5pmPosition Details:Has knowledge of contemporary audiology practice; Ability to perform functions associated with contemporary audiology practice. Measures hearing using a comprehensive audiologic evaluation to include otoscopy, tympanometry, acoustic reflexes, pure tone air and bone conduction threshold testing, speech threshold testing, word recognition testing, central auditory processing testing, and distortion product otoacoustic emissions. Compensation and Pension audiologic evaluations may also be required.Develops coherent treatment strategies to include hearing aid fittings, assistive listening device fittings and any other rehabilitation necessary to meet the veterans' needs; Devices will be fit using evidence based methods such as speech mapping and real ear verification. Outcome measures will be obtained and recorded.Has knowledge of tinnitus and tinnitus management strategies, offering treatment solutions such as the progressive tinnitus management (PTM) method and/or assistive devices for appropriate tinnitus candidates.Thorough understanding of basic audiological clinical services and the ability to perform them independently; ability to maintain clinic supply, certify/issue incoming hearing aids, repairs, and other audiology related items. Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with audiology chief not located on site.Provides consultation to other healthcare professionals at the community based outpatient clinic For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Tanisha Roundtree at or email your resume to !
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, McAllen , Audiologist AUD - McAllen, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!