Clinical Supervisor - Surgical Care Unit
Company: The Clinical Recruiter
Posted on: October 25, 2018
Job DescriptionBack to Search Results - Email this Job to a FriendPosted Date:9/19/2018Job Category:NursingPosition Title:Clinical Supervisor - Surgical Care UnitSalary Range:BOELocation:McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas, USADesired Skills:NameLevelExperienceRequiredACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life SupportNoAcute CareNoBCLS - Basic Cardiac Life SupportNoCPR - Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationNoManagement ExperienceNoRN - Registered NurseNoDescription:Clinical Supervisor - Surgical Care UnitMcAllen / Edinburg / Mission, Texas Summary:
- The Clinical Supervisor of Surgical Care Unit assumes 24-hour responsibility and assists with the organization, direction, management and evaluation of patient care services for the Surgical Care Department.
- Reports to the Surgical Services Manager and assists with clinical, operational and financial management of the Surgical Services Departments.
- Assists with hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Assists with development of action plans and reports outcomes to the Manager or Administrative Manager of Surgical Services.
- Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Promotes, supports, and facilitates the delivery of compassionate, evidence based nursing care to create an optimal patient experience.
- Supervises the total nursing care of all patients on the unit(s) of services and gives the appropriate direction to each staff member to provide quality patient care.
- Oversees the units operation to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of care and to maximize patient, physician, and employee satisfaction.
- Evaluates personnel, assesses environment, and determines priorities for care in order to plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes of care.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Must have strong knowledge of all aspects of Surgical Services and patient throughput including scheduling, pre-admission testing, ambulatory surgery, endoscopy, pain management, PACU, OR, and central sterile processing, and other areas as applicable. Experience:
- 2 years acute care nursing experience
- 3-5 years nursing in Perioperative, Surgical Services, or Operating Room setting required
- 1-3 years Charge Nurse or Supervisory experience preferred Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field highly preferred Certifications / Licensure:
- Current Texas License and/or other licensure as applicable
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Special Skills:
- Must be able to work under deadlines and utilize independent decision making skills in a wide variety of situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage and inspire a team
- Basic Computer skills Please send Resume to email@example.com for additional information about this position. Surgical Nurse Recruiter is a niche division of The Clinical Recruiter focusing exclusively on Nurses and Nursing Leaders in the Surgical Services field. Please visit www.surgicalnurserecruiter.com for more details. The Clinical Recruiter, a nation-wide healthcare placement firm, was founded with the goal of bringing qualified healthcare professionals together in order to create an optimal atmosphere for great patient care. Please visit our website for additional information at www.theclinicalrecruiter.com.
Heather RamseyVP of Recruitment Surgical/Perioperative LeadersSurgical Nurse Recruiter Divisionhramsey@theclinicalrecruiter.comDirect Line: 615-257-1641 - Toll free: 800-568-0828 ext. 108Fax: 888-226-0953www.theclinicalrecruiter.comFacebook - LinkedIn - Twitter - Pinterest Keywords: Nursing Manager, Nurse Manager, Nursing Director, Nurse Director, RN Director, RN Manager, Manager of Surgical Services, Coordinator, Surgical Services, Director of Surgery, Perioperative Services Manager, Operating Room Manager, RN Manager, Service Line Manager, OR Director, Operating Room, OR Manager, Operating Room Nurse Director, Director of Nursing, Surgery, Surgical Services, Perioperative, Perioperative Services, OR, CNOR, Registered Nurse, Surgery Nurse, Surgery RN, Surgical Services RN, Perioperative RN. #ZR
Keywords: The Clinical Recruiter, McAllen , Clinical Supervisor - Surgical Care Unit, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!