Clinical Nurse Coordinator Progressive Care
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Do you have the career opportunities you want in
your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical
Nurse Coordinator in the Progressive Care Unit. -We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.Rio
Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TXClinical Nurse Coordinator
(RN) - Progressive Care UnitFounded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional
Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of
maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers
in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained
focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all
members of our community. With 320 beds and a team of more than 500
physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of
inpatient and outpatient services. -What you will do in this
role:The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high
quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in
the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration
with other members of the management team, the CNC directs,
monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance.
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regarding patient
care assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient
safety and quality outcomes. -
- Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks,
accreditations, and designations.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and
according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives. - -
- Functions as a resource person for staff members. Provides
coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. -Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior
- Resolves and/or channels employee grievances, disputes, or
concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues as
- Supports physician partnerships.
- Reflects core values when interacting with co-workers,
patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an
environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is
- Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance
patient experience and customer service. -
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Assists with staff scheduling. -Manages all practical aspects
of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and
established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
- Current Licensure by the State of Texas
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Experience with cardiovascular/telemetry patients, preferredHCA
Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for
three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list.
In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of
our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today! -We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Progressive Care, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!