Nurse Practitioner - Nephrology
Company: Monogram Health
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Nurse PractitionerPosition: Nurse Practitioner
The Monogram Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the
delivery of personalized compassionate medical care to patients
primarily with CKD and/or ESRD/ESKD. The Nurse Practitioner will be
responsible for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and
current patient records and scheduling, and administering follow-up
appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will
work as a team with our field-based nurses, community health
workers, and physicians and assist in delivering premium care to
every patient. Primary duties include patient health assessment,
creating strategies to improve or manage a patient health, and
introduce habits for health promotion. Generally, nurse
practitioners perform the important task of educating patients
about preventative care and prescribed treatments. He/she may also
conduct physicals, order tests, prescribe medications, and serve as
a coordinator with the patient's primary healthcare provider and
Roles and Responsibilities
* Conducts assessments, which includes comprehensive annual
wellness exams on patients both in the patients' home and in the
* Counsels and educates patients and families about benefits and
programs available to help them live healthier lives.
* Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, all
applicable diagnosis, past medical, family, and social history,
review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies,
assessment, and plan.
* Responsible for the coordination of care with primary care
providers, specialists, and appropriate ancillary services.
* Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
* Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the
* This position will not be office-based but will be remote in
state in which employed and will need to attend periodic
training/meetings outside of that state.
* Deliver evidence-based, timely care in a manner that reduces
avoidable hospitalizations, maximizes quality of life, and puts
patient health and satisfaction first
* Prescribe medications, order tests, and collaborate with
patient's Monogram physician.
* Perform effectively, as reflected by improved patient quality
outcomes, which will be measured and reported daily.
* Facilitates closing gaps in care by educating patients about
preventive monitoring and working with physician practices to
schedule diagnostic testing.
* Assists patients with enrolling to access educational videos.
* Participates in the integrated care team meetings.
* Knowledge of disease diagnosis and prevention.
* Make assessment of patient's health status.
* Develop treatment plan.
* Implement a plan consistent with appropriate plan of care.
* Follow-up and evaluate patient's status.
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
* Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner
* Board certified by ANCC or AANP.
* Current and unrestricted DEA certificate.
* Ability to work without direct supervision and practice
* Access to transportation, a valid driver's license, and car
* Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment
required by the work.
* Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and
information systems, as well as medical records and
* Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form,
with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients,
family members, physicians and representatives of the
* Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations
including HIPAA and OSHA.
* 1 or more years of NP experience preferred.
* Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience.
* Experience conducting annual wellness visits or similar
comprehensive visits virtually or in the home.
* Opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative
value-based provider organization that is transforming the delivery
of kidney care
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Flexible paid leave and vacation policy
* 401(k) plan with matching contributions
About Monogram Health
Monogram Health is a next-generation, value-based chronic condition
risk provider serving patients living with chronic kidney and
end-stage renal disease and their related metabolic disorders.
Monogram seeks to fill systemic gaps and transform the way
nephrology, primary care and chronic condition treatment are
delivered. Monogram's innovative, in-home approach utilizes a
national nephrology practice powered by a suite of
technology-enabled clinical services, including case and disease
management, utilization management and review, and medication
therapy management services that improve health outcomes while
lowering medical costs across the healthcare continuum. By focusing
on increasing access to evidence-based care pathways and addressing
social determinants of health, Monogram has emerged as an industry
leader in championing greater health equity and improving health
outcomes for individuals with chronic kidney and end-stage renal
At Monogram Health we believe in fostering an inclusive environment
in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique
perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We
know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from
all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Keywords: Monogram Health, McAllen , Nurse Practitioner - Nephrology, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!