Medical Technologist PRN
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Medical Technologist PRN you want with your current employer?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rio Grande Regional
Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsRio Grande Regional
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location. Our
teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to
work as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the
Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized
bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological,
serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing
testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is
required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control
policies and procedures
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency
testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of
care. To actively market services to increase volume and
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
unit, facility and organization.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and
practice ethically and with integrity.Reports to: -Laboratory
Director/Laboratory ManagerJob Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in a Chemical,
Physical, Biological, or Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory
Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited institution.Or be qualified
under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS.This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). in McAllen, Texas has been serving the Rio Grande Valley
for more than 30 years. Our full service hospital has 320+ beds and
a team of more than 500 physicians representing 35+ specialties.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and
outpatient medical and surgical services. Our Emergency Room is a
Level III Trauma Center and we have extended our ER services into
the Rio Grande Valley with our three remote ERs in McAllen/Mission,
Edinburg, and San Juan. Our Women's Services include L&D and a
30+ bed NICU. We also have an entire children's hospital within our
main facility to care for the children in our community. We work
with the Texas Transplant Institute, which serves local patients in
need of organ, tissue or stem cell transplants. Our proven track
record of serving the medical needs of the Valley communities we
serve has led to Rio Grande Regional Hospital being recognized for
patient safety and clinical excellence time and time again.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an
opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we
encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist PRN opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Medical Technologist PRN, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!