Infusion Room RN - Infusion
Company: US Oncology, Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Infusion Room RNOverview
Texas Oncology is looking for an Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position will support the Infusion Department at our 1901 S. 2nd Street location in McAllen, Texas. This is a full-time Monday - Friday (hours 8:00am-5pm) position with no weekends, call, or major holidays.
Note from Hiring Manager: We are a great team...Docs are amazing...Leadership is hands on! Tenured staff.
Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team and grow in your career with Texas Oncology! Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and developmental and age specific differences in the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
* Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the continuity of care consistent with established standards and practices.
* Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
* Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and supervision of a physician.
* Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
* Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies where applicable.
* Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management
* Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
* Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and treatments provided.
* Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
* Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
* Minimum 0-3 years of RN experience.
* Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level candidate.
* Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There is a possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Infusion Room RNOverview
Keywords: US Oncology, Inc, McAllen , Infusion Room RN - Infusion, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
here to apply!