Critical Care Transport RRT
Company: Driscoll Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.Thank you for your interest in joining our
team! Please review the job information below.General Purpose of
Job:Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to
the department or organization.The Transport RT will assist primary
caregiver with stabilization and management of the patient's
airway, pulmonary care, ventilator management, and other care
according to license and will ensure that each patient receives
treatment that is in accordance with all Transport policies and
procedures. The Transport RT will be able to function as part of a
team to ensure safety of patients and staff. The Transport RT is
accountable to the Transport Medical Director, the Transport
Director and the Transport Clinical Coordinator.Age-Specific
Competence:(clinical job-classes) Delete if not applicableMust
demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide
appropriate care to the age of patients served on unit. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's
status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify
each patient's requirements relative to their needs. Demonstrates
the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary
population of patients served in the department.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific communication skills when
interacting with customers, patients, and families.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific safety practices when
interacting with customers, patients, and families.
- Considers developmental age in approach to and preparation of
- Positions and handles the patient based on an understanding of
- Implements safety measures that are appropriate to
- Uses age appropriate equipment and supplies.Essential Duties
and Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive; employees will perform other
reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor and/or hospital administration as required.The above
statements should be included on all job descriptions.List the
job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities.
Include all important aspects of the job - whether performed daily,
weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular
intervals. Standard functions listed below should be included on
all job descriptions.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Operates within the framework of the Driscoll Children's
Hospital mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills and is able to
adapt to any given situation.
- Responsible for daily checks ensuring that equipment is
properly maintained according to department policy.
- Responsible for providing patient care according to department
protocol, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for communication and documentation necessary for
proper patient care.
- Responsible for assessing patients pulmonary conditions and can
communicate findings to MCP, RN or Paramedic.
- Responsible for management of patient's airway, pulmonary care
and ventilator management.
- Responsible for maintaining required number of continuing
- Is a highly motivated, well-organized individual and has
demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication
- Handles multiple tasks and is self-directed.
- Speaks clearly and concisely over radio and telephone.
- Maintains professional composure, thinks clearly, quickly
assesses and evaluates situations, organizes thoughts, and responds
quickly in emergency and stressful situations and effectively
coordinates transport duties.
- Communicates with Transport Coordinator any problems or
questions pertaining to duties and policies.
- Completes special assignments and projects assigned by the
Transport Director or Coordinator.
- Participates in teaching and quality improvement reviews.
- Attends regular safety and staff meetings.Supervisory
Responsibilities:This section must be included on all director,
manager, and supervisor job descriptions.Delete supervisory
category if not applicable. Standard functions listed below should
be included on all supervisory job descriptions. Add department
specific essential supervisory functions.
- Serves as a Preceptor/Mentor for new employees.Behavioral
ExpectationsShould apply and be listed on all job descriptions.
- Customer Service - Enthusiastically interacts with all
customers. Assumes personal responsibility for meeting customer
needs. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to customer
- Interpersonal Skills- Is sensitive to the needs, ideas, and
feelings of others. Develops and maintains rapport with others.
Listens well. Facilitates a group process.
- Adaptability/flexibility - Demonstrates the ability to change
behaviors and plans to meet rapidly changing/ competing job demands
(new or unusual situations). Receives change as a challenge.
Revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
- Communication - Clearly and effectively communicates ideas and
requests to others. Persuades or influences others through spoken
or written communication.
- Initiative - Starts and completes tasks with minimum of
prompting. Willing to make recommendations and assume additional
- Team Player - Fully participates in maintaining a positive team
environment that is conducive to customer satisfaction. Builds
trust among co-workers, focusing on accomplishing hospital and
departmental mission and goals.
- Organized and efficient - Organizes work and uses time
efficiently. Takes the initiative to find additional work during
slow or downtimes. Recommends innovative ways of doing work more
efficiently and effectively.
- Core Values -Practices DCH core values.Education and/or
Experience:Select the one level of education and/or experience
needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Delete those that do not apply.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school or Bachelor's degree from four-year college or
university for Respiratory Therapy.
- Current RT license in the State of Texas.
- Has a minimum of two years experience in the NICU, PICU or
Pediatric ED and/or previous pediatric/neonatal transport
experience.English Language Skills.Select the one level of language
(ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully
accomplish the essential duties of this job. Delete those that do
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability
to effectively present information to top management, public
groups, and/or boards of direction.Mathematical Skills.Select the
one level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to
successfully accomplish the essential duties of his job. Delete
those that do not apply.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability.Select the one level of
reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish
the essential duties of this job. Delete those that do not apply.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to
deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations,
graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability
to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete
variables.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations. Delete category if
not applicable.Licensed in State of Texas as an RRT or obtain
Registry within 1 year of hire date.Maintains AHA cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) certification and is current upon hire.Maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (obtained within 6
months of hire).Maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
certification (obtained within 6 months of hire).Maintain Advanced
Cardiac Life Support certification (obtained within 12 months of
hire).Provides proof of personal automobile liability insurance
upon hire.Provides proof of current Texas state driver's
license.Obtains & Maintains National Certification in specialty
within 1 year post completion of orientation.Obtains & Maintains
EMT-Basic certification (course provided by DCH) within 2 years of
Keywords: Driscoll Health, McAllen , Critical Care Transport RRT, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...