New Grad RN
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Introduction Do you want to join an organization that invests
in you? At Rio Grande Regional Hospital, you come first! HCA
Healthcare is committed to the growth and development of our future
The HCA Healthcare StaRN Residency Program is a year-long program
designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable
clinical and critical thinking skills. As a RN you will be
surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators,
experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning,
clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through
the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
We offer a total rewards package to support your health, life,
career and retirement. Some available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive benefits for medical, prescription drug, dental,
vision, behavioral health and telemedicine services
- Wellbeing support, including free counseling and referral
- Time away from work programs for paid time off, paid family
leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Savings and retirement resources, including a 401(k) Plan with
a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service),
Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible spending accounts, preferred
banking partnerships, retirement readiness tools, rollover support
and financial wellbeing counseling
- Education support through tuition assistance, student loan
assistance, certification support, dependent scholarships and a
partnership with Galen College of Nursing
- Additional benefits for fertility and family building, adoption
assistance, life insurance, supplemental health protection plans,
auto and home insurance, legal counseling, identity theft
protection and consumer discounts Learn more about Employee
Note: Eligibility for some benefits may vary by location.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The StaRN Residency Program at Rio Grande Regional Hospital
provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's
hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the
transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series
of learning experiences, including:
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
- Monthly educational sessions.
- Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
- Measurement and evaluation of skills through hands-on
- Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
- Working collaboratively on an evidence-based practice project.
Cohort Start Dates Specialties Available
- February 20, 2023
- March 6, 2023
- March 13, 2023
- March 27, 2023
- June 26, 2023
- July 31, 2023
- September 11, 2023
- October 23, 2023
- Med Surg/ICU/ED
- Women's Services
- Operating Room
- Med Surg/ICU
- Med Surg/ICU
- Med Surg/ICU/ED
- Med Surg/ICU
- Med Surg/ICU The RN Resident coordinates and delivers high
quality, patient-centered care in accordance with the nature and
specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the
scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and
specialty. In collaboration with medical providers and other
members of the care team, the RN Resident provides individualized,
comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing
models such as "Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage." The RN
Resident serves as an advocate for patients, families and
caregivers to support an unparalleled patient experience.
What will you do in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift
as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient
- Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered
by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in
the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor
patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as
appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient
requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them
- Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical
condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible
side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical
terminology to ensure complete understanding. What qualifications
you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within 1 year of
- Other Certifications maybe required during employment
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Texas Registered Nurse License or Multi-state RN license from
Compact nursing state
- No previous experience needed
- Some travel maybe needed for training This role requires you to
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or
federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, Texas has been serving the
Rio Grande Valley for more than 30 years. Our full service hospital
has 320+ beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
35+ specialties. Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range
of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Our
Emergency Room is a Level III Trauma Center and we have extended
our ER services into the Rio Grande Valley with our three remote
ERs in McAllen/Mission, Edinburg, and San Juan. Our Women's
Services include L&D and a 30+ bed NICU. We also have an entire
children's hospital within our main facility to care for the
children in our community. We work with the Texas Transplant
Institute, which serves local patients in need of organ, tissue or
stem cell transplants . Our proven track record of serving the
medical needs of the Valley communities we serve has led to Rio
Grande Regional Hospital being recognized for patient safety and
clinical excellence time and time again.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Rio Grande Regional Hospital family! We will provide you
with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides
satisfaction and personal growth, we promptly review all
applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , New Grad RN, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...