Clinical Nurse Educator
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Clinical Nurse Educator with Rio Grande Regional Hospital you
can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsRio Grande Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Rio Grande Regional Hospital family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Nurse Educator to help us
reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
QualificationsWhat you will do in this role:
- The HCA Clinical Education Service Line (CESL) is part of our
strategic nursing initiative to create an organizational structure
(shared services) focused specifically on clinical education. The
CESL will develop and deploy consistent world-class curriculum,
content, and programs across HCA's 200 acute care facilities
nationwide. The strategy of our center shared services
implementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating
their time in high value-add, top of skill efforts with our
clinicians. To aid in this effort, HCA will leverage size and scale
to share clinical education best practices across the enterprise
and help make decisions that will positively impact our patient
- The Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) is
responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision
of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality
educational programs and activities that promote professional
competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed
clinical staff at assigned facility.
- The CPDE actively collaborates in the entire
orientation/onboarding process. This includes participating in the
development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and
evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and
other healthcare personnel. To meet this expectation includes the
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of
orientation to keep all stakeholders informed
- Collaborates with the Director Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results
- Incorporates organizational values/culture
- Education is designed to improve professional practice and
provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS
participates in designing and identifying educational activities to
address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may
include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in alignment
with HCA and division clinical education request and development
processes. These activities are developed to achieve specific
outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for
improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meet this
expectation includes the following:
- Assesses practice gaps.
- Identifies learning needs.
- Identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to
evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
- Aligns educational programs with organization's policies and
- Ensures that educational programs meet regulatory
- Understands adult educational theory and able to apply to the
development of educational programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation
methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to
refine clinical programs.
- Incorporates organizational values/culture.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
- Utilizes current, best evidence.
- Provides staff with resources and education to implement
changesWhat qualifications you will need for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration,
Education or other clinical related field required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration,
Education or other clinical field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 5+ years'
experience in an acute care hospital
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s)
in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification
as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center.
- BLSThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).HealthTrust Supply
Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is
to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining
non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain
best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor
cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By
improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on
our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Clinical Nurse
Educator opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in
patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, McAllen , Clinical Nurse Educator, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!