LPN/LVN - Nurse Navigator
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Summary: The ACO LVN Navigator is a licensed clinical LVN who
functions as a liaison between the ACO, the patient and the
multidisciplinary healthcare team to assist in developing an
optimal plan of care for transitioning Medicare patients, primarily
those currently utilizing post-acute care services. The ACO Nurse
Navigator assesses needs and coordinates resources within and
outside the ACO (as approved by the ACO Director) to promote
optimal health benefits and outcomes (both clinical and financial).
The ACO LVN Navigator will provide onsite review at the local
primary care practices and conduct patient home assessments as
needed, as well as establish rapport with primary care providers,
office staff, patients, and their families to expedite timely
transitions of care and appropriate utilization of post-acute care
This position requires a high frequency of contact with the very
high risk ACO patient and their care givers for education of health
promotion and self-care skills as well as facilitating compliance
with the required quality measures for all ACO patients. An ACO LVN
Navigator will also ensure the communication of a patient's
treatment plan and general status to all care givers during all
transitions of care.
* Collaborates with physicians, post-acute facility providers,
patients and deemed patient representatives to identify patient
* Ability to earn and maintain trust of patients, patient
representatives, physicians and health care providers.
* Identifies needs of the patient and patient representatives and
ensures sensitivity to any special needs of the patient.
* Identifies high-risk patients and coordinates resources to
* Facilitates problem solving and decision-making by providing
guidance, knowledge of PAC utilization requirements, wellness
resources, and supportive services and options to the patient,
patient representative and health care providers.
* Timely documented communication and education with physician,
patients and patient representatives regarding opportunities for
modification of patient health risk factors.
* Participates in care conferences to enhance communication and
promote continuity of care.
* Works closely with the ACO staff as well as contracted vendors
and support staff to facilitate timely transitions of care.
* Researches service resources in the community and elsewhere to
meet patient needs consistent with plan benefits.
* Prepares accurate and timely required department reports related
* Graduation from an accredited LVN certification program.
* Licensed by the State of Texas as an LVN.
* Minimum of two years' experience in post-acute care
* Recent (within past 3 years) working knowledge of Interqual
criteria and Milliman Care Guidelines preferred.
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and
* Bilingual Spanish preferred.
* Ability to document in different electronic health records as
well as utilize Microsoft Products
Keywords: Universal Health Services, McAllen , LPN/LVN - Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!