Clinical Nurse Coordinator ICU
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical Nurse
Coordinator in the ICU. We offer you an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Rio
Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX Clinical Nurse Coordinator
(RN) - ICU Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community. With
320-beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over
35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) What you will do in
this role: The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and
delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of
all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift.
In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC
directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with
established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for
staff, and models a commitment to the organization s
vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience
and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regarding patient
care assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient
safety and quality outcomes.
- Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks,
accreditations, and designations.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and
according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members. Provides
coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior
- Resolves and/or channels employee grievances, disputes, or
concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues as
- Supports physician partnerships.
- Reflects core values when interacting with co-workers,
patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an
environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is
- Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance
patient experience and customer service.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment. Qualifications
- What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
- Current Licensure by the State of Texas
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- One year experience in ICU HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s
list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA
ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named
HCA as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to
join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We d love to hear from
you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here . For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Clinical Nurse Coordinator ICU, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!