Medical Assistant Practice Support Technician
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job Summary: As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will be
responsible for providing administrative and clinical support to
ensure efficient operation of a primary care clinic. You will
support the doctors, physician assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and
patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care
management, organization and communication. The target is to
complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a
timely manner. You must be adaptable and willing to fill in
different administrative roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in decision-making and process
- Focuses on the problem or issue, not the person.
- Assist with daily clerical operations, including answering
multi-phone lines and making copies of documents as
- Accurately files patient charts; including scanning documents
into files as necessary.
- Schedules patient appointments as necessary, return visits and
- Distributes referrals as necessary to physicians and insurance
companies; keep proper documentation of referral requests/responses
in patient charts.
- Pre-authorize prescriptions and clinical tests (CT, MRI,
Ultrasound, etc.) as necessary.
- Phone/faxing patient prescriptions as necessary.
- Schedules Diagnostic Imaging studies BMDs dietician
appointments, cardiology testing, and radiology testing for
patients, and completes all appropriate paperwork.
- Accurately performs a variety of clinical testing, including
EKG, PFT, DPN, Quantaflo, BMD, PQR-9, CLIA waived lab tests,
vitals, O2 sats, DRE Camera, and urinalysis/hemocult tests
according to licensed providers orders: Maintains QC logs per CLIA
- Thoroughly and accurately complete patient information forms
prior to physician meeting with patient; assist physician with
chart as necessary.
- Adheres to Clinic Safety and Quality guidelines
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years Minimum Experience as Medical Assistant
- Registered Medical Assistant Certification
- Current BLS/CPR certification required
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs and operating systems,
such as Microsoft Office, & minor database retrieval.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in multiple
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Must be able to perform courteously and professionally in all
interactions. Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and
- General medical office procedures. Front Office/ Admin
- Chronic Disease management, understanding of Hedis,
preventative health measures, and experience working with a
Keywords: Universal Health Services, McAllen , Medical Assistant Practice Support Technician, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!