Driscoll Health Plan - Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Purpose of Job:The Bilingual Customer Service
Representative is responsible for the assisting Member/ Provider
with healthcare inquires concerns, or complaints via
telephone.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees will
perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the
immediate supervisor and/or health plan administration, as
- Respond to member/provider inquiries via telephone regarding
health insurance benefits, eligibility and claims.
- Analyze problems and provide correct information and
- Communicate monthly messages to providers on a specific needs
- Deal tactfully and empathetically with customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
physician office staff.
- Read, comprehend and verbalize processes and procedures of the
organization and of health insurance coverage.
- Multi-task and pay close attention to detail.Education and/or
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in Customer Service in a Managed Care
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- Knowledge of managed care processes and health insurance
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to understand
complex situations to effectively handle escalated customer
- Analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to operate computer programs - Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish
Ind123Classification:Full-time Regular (72+ hrs/pp)Work
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, McAllen , Driscoll Health Plan - Bilingual Customer Service Representative, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!