Phlebotomist II - Laboratory
Company: Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Posted on: October 12, 2020
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
PHLEBOTOMIST to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL- MCALLEN, TEXAS
Founded in 1982, RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical, and specialty services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Performs phlebotomy with minimal trauma to patient and obtains
blood 97% of the time on the first attempt.
* Demonstrates superior clinical laboratory skills and critical
* Always completely explains to the patient the procedure to be
* Always verifies correct patient by checking name on requisition
with name on patient's armband before a procedure is begun.
* Always follows appropriate aseptic technique prior to performing
* Accurately labels specimen at immediately after procedure is
complete with a computer generated label. Always records User ID
and time of collection on label.
* Consistently completes routine blood collections within 5
minutes; difficult cases within 5 - 15 minutes
* Performs maintenance and QC on bedside glucose meter as required
prior to testing patient samples
* Always records all bedside glucose test results on label and
places on chart.
* Promptly and accurately keys results into LIS within 60
* Notifies nursing staff of high or low results and collects venous
* Performs all special procedures (i.e., blood cultures, capillary
sticks and glucose tolerance timed specimens) accurately,
professionally and in a timely manner
* Consistently obtain an ER turnaround time within benchmark
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS ROLE:
* American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
* One year phlebotomy experience is required.
* Graduate of an accredited phlebotomy program is highly
* ASCP or NCCT certified, must obtain certification within one year
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. WE ARE ACTIVELY
INTERVIEWING SO APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Rio Grande Regional Hospital, McAllen , Phlebotomist II - Laboratory, Healthcare , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!