Aerostat Flight Director - McAllen
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Peraton is seeking qualified personnel to fill the role of site
lead and aerostat flight director for tactical aerostat systems
operating in the vicinity of McAllen, TX and Rio Grande City, TX.
The aerostat systems provide persistent surveillance, detection
capabilities, to our U.S. Government customer.
Acts as single point-of-contact and control over aerostat mission
support activity during assigned work shift, including direct
control of all crew activity relative to aerostat pre-launch,
launch, ascent, transition, station keeping, and recovery.
- Supervises and supports all flight and maintenance operations
at the site.
- Maintains site awareness of current status of local weather
conditions and weather trends as they influence mission
- Communicates with the Aerostat Control Center, Meteorological
Forecast Facilities, and other Government agencies as
- Makes significant event and data entries in the mission flight
- Prepares and maintains the flight system weight logs and the
weight and balance records for the operational aerostat.
- Maintains cognizance of system performance.
- Conducts routine aerostat performance computations as necessary
to acquire data results relative to aerostat system state-of-health
- Determines when helium addition is required and computes the
quantity to be added.
- Provides supervision for the flight operations and maintenance
crew during assigned shift.
- Ensures that site security functions are accomplished and that
any unusual security conditions are reported.
- May perform duties associated with site safety, security,
training, and maintenance control.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex
problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by
reference to manufacturers' manuals or similar documents) in
working on electronic equipment.
- Directs and performs corrective and preventive maintenance on
the aerostat and control subsystems, power and control subsystems,
tether subsystem, meteorological equipment, ground station
electronic subsystems, payload and communications subsystems, and
site facility electronics as appropriate.
- Directs and performs all aerostat electronic subsystem
preflight and postflight checks and inspections as required.
- Coordinates resupply and repair logistics activities for the
aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Performs and directs activities to fulfill site tasks related
to electrical services and equipment.
- Trains and certifies other personnel in selected aerostat
electronic subsystem procedures.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles. Functions
as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation,
launch, recovery, maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school or GED Diploma required.
- Certifications must be attained/maintained as assigned.
- HS +5-6 or AS +4 years' progressively responsible aerostat
experience desired. Supervisory experience required.
- Aerostat systems operating knowledge. 2-years preferred in at
least one of the following systems: RAID / PGSS / PTDS / PSST-M /
- Valid U.S. Driver's license required.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Proof of U.S. residency required. MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY
- Personal computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, scanner and
other business-related, general office equipment. WORKING
- Exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement
weather. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Work requires the ability to perform the following physical
activities to include, but not limited to: walking, standing,
stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting,
and squatting. Work may require walking, standing, and sitting for
extended periods of time.
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you
must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to
show proof of citizenship and residency.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, McAllen , Aerostat Flight Director - McAllen, Executive , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!