Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical
Posted on: July 27, 2022
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Nurse Manager (RN)
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX
Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an
HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one
of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For
nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to
providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing
over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient
What you will do in this role:
Practice Act with emphasis on the Medical Surgical service line
* Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
* Maintain a safe and therapeutic Medical Surgical, Progressive
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
* Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
* Participate in Medical Surgical department specific initiatives
and process improvement
* Promote a supportive Medical Surgical environment
* Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse
* Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
* Coordinates and/or performs a variety of staff development
functions to include: department specific needs assessment,
development of goals and objectives, implementation methods,
evaluation measures and instruction of education activities
* Provides education support for staff with emphasis given to
assigned service line development
* Interprets the guidelines for the continuing nursing education
contact hour program. Collaborates with selected CNE Planning
Committees to ensure program success
* Collaborates with Education Resource Development to identify
needs and plan education activities to enhance professional
* Limited committee and special projects, when appropriate
* Acts as role model for high quality clinical skills
* Implements the strategic plan of the department
What qualification you will need:
* Three or more years of direct patient care in the type of
clinical area assigned
* One or more years as a charge nurse or extended history of
initiative in education projects/programs
* Chemotherapy certification preferred within 12 months of
* RN License by the State of Texas or Eligible
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA, McAllen , Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical, Executive , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!