Project Engineer, Utility Coordination
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing
innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of
bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the
efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who
focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and
qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients
with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career? At
CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits
including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions;
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental
Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer
Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and
Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to
relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house
training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares
Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and
Sustainable Solutions CobbFendley is seeking a Project Engineer -
Utility Coordination in our McAllen, Texas office.
The successful candidate's most important qualifications include
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET
accredited University required.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years' experience with civil
engineering and an interest in utility
- E.I.T. certificate or plans to obtain within six months and
plans to pursue Professional Licensure.
- Experience producing project deliverables and construction plan
- Experience on TxDOT-related projects, a plus.
- Experience working in Microstation and/or ORD, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to
increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry
standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners,
and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the
community. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Project Engineer to assist the Project Manager in all aspects
of various utility-based projects.
- Prepares utility relocation schedule and tracks project
deliverables. Request for as-builts from utility owners.
- Set up and maintain electronic files for received utility
- Assist in interpreting various Subsurface Utility Engineering
quality level data in order to analyze utility conflicts and
develop concept plan.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining project electronic
- Assist in developing/maintaining project schedules.
- Assist in maintaining client exhibits (KMZ & GIS) which define
project scope of work.
- Assist in coordinating field investigation requests.
- Assist in reviewing design drawings (QA/QC).
- Assist in reviewing permit drawings (QA/QC).
- Assist in reviewing GIS geodatabase deliverables (QA/QC).
- Assist in updating internal and client project trackers.
- Assist in keeping abreast of design changes from clients.
- Assist in responding to design questions from CAD
- Assist in responding to requests from clients.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts, fee proposals, scopes
of work, and invoices.
- Prepare utility progress reports. Prepare utility relocation
schedule and tracks project deliverables.
- Prepare utility adjustment agreements.
- Organize and attend utility owner meetings.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of client standards, rules, and
requirements for planning, construction, and documentation.
- Perform independent research and adapt to changing
- Work in a collaborative team environment and deliver accurate
work product that is error free.
- Adhere to CobbFendley's safety standards to uphold a safe and
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities
with integrity. If and when the duties and responsibilities change
and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to
changes of business necessity.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and
- Communication with other employees and clients. ENVIRONMENTAL
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment.
Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and
climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and
extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure,
driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g.,
pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction
and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and
extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers,
copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment,
rotary paper cutter). EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in
qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization
eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are
considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement MISCELLANEOUS
- Pre-Employment Screenings. All offers of employment at
CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a
drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various
background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year
history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of
motor vehicle records).
- Work Authorization + Sponsorship. Cobb, Fendley & Associates,
Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system
operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The
E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate
individual identities and work eligibility from the information
gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications
of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision
to apply with these conditions in mind.
- External Recruiting Agencies. CobbFendley does not and will not
accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent
recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting
activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's
acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual
agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited
resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails,
applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be
Keywords: CobbFendley, McAllen , Project Engineer, Utility Coordination, Engineering , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...